Terms and Condition
"Guided tour" means the tour organized by "The Key to Rome" that includes reservation and purchase of tickets for admission to museums and art galleries, personalization of the artistic and cultural itineraries, the service of multilingual guides specialized in art-history and archaeology and, when required, the service of personal chauffeur and personal shopper.
"Events" stands for creation, project, planning and implementation of promotional activities, sales promotion and marketing characterized by a choice of exclusive artistic and cultural locations.
1. Offers available The offer of services required for the "guided tours" and/or the "events" are subject to availability and can be confirmed only after checking the availability of the museum and/or the art gallery and the guide and possible personal chauffeur and/or personal shopper and the identified location. The Key to Rome will not be held responsible for the eventual cancellation by the museums, art galleries, and location, of guided visits and/or of confirmed events, if these subjects should withdraw their availability for unforeseeable or for force-major reasons. The key to Rome will nonetheless refund totally the payments anticipated by the Customer.
2. Prices Prices of Guided visits and Events can be subject to change any time before the purchase. The Customer must be aware that the cost of Guided visits and of Events could also change after the purchase in relation to many circumstances, such as, for example, the change in prices from suppliers of services, the increase in the price of tickets, the rental cost of the location and the regional fares for services of tourist guides. Should there be any such increase, The Key to Rome will absorb it up to a 2% increase, while the Customer will have to settle the remaining amount to The Key to Rome or, upon indication of the latter, directly to the providers of services and/or third parties. It is however understood that if the increase of Guided visits and of Events is higher than 10%, the Customer may withdraw from the contract and receive reimbursement of the entire amount paid, provided that the Customer notifies the cancellation within 5 days after being informed of the extra cost and, in any event, not later than 20 days before the Guided tour and/or Event.
3. Confirmation of booking A confirmation of the reservation will be sent to the Customer via e-mail at the address or number indicated when buying the services. The Customer will have to periodically control his email in order to be informed and to receive timely communications concerning services booked and purchased. The Key to Rome declines any responsibility for problems in transmission and/or reception of e-mail messages and for any resulting damage arising from failed receipt of such messages.
4. Payment methods GUIDED VISITS AND OTHER SERVICES: confirmation deposit equal to 50% of the amount budgeted, payable with Credit Card; or through bank transfer, which should be followed immediately by e-mail confirmation with the copy of the payment request to the bank, to be e-mailed to the following e-mail: email@example.com. The balance should be paid – either through credit card or bank transfer - within 4 (four) days before the guided visit or any other requested services EVENTS: as for the guided visits, confirmation deposit will be 50% of the amount budgeted, payable with Credit Card or through bank transfer to be confirmed by e-mail of the payment order to the bank. The balance should be paid upon receipt of the invoice at the end of the event, deducted the amount paid as a down payment, again by credit card or bank transfer
5. Request for change in the services by Customer If the Customer wishes to modify tours and events purchased or booked many months before through The Key to Rome, he must give written notice to The Key to Rome within twenty (20) days before the delivery of the service. The Key to the Rome will make every reasonable effort to meet Customer requests for changes, but in no way ensure that service providers will accept such changes or that there is availability for the new dates or itinerary and / or structures chosen by the customer. Where service providers require additional compensation for such modifications The Key to Rome will inform the Customer who will be responsible for deciding whether to accept the new price or renounce to the required changes.
6. Substitutions The Customer who purchased tours and events can be substituted by another person provided that:
- The Key to Rome has been informed in writing at least 4 working days of the date set for departure, receiving information about the identity of his replacement;
- the new incumbent should reimburse The Key to Rome for any expenses, to be quantified, incurred for the substitution.
7. Excluding the right of withdrawal by the customer - Penalties In case of purchase by Customer of Tours and Events, the Costumer may not exercise the right of withdrawal, since, under Article 59, letter n ), Consumer Code, this right of withdrawal does not apply to contracts for the provision of services such as accommodation, transport, catering, leisure, when upon drawing and finalising the contract, the service provider undertakes to provide these services on a pre-determined date or for a pr-set time. However, The Key to Rome, ensures that the cancellations notified in writing at the addresses listed below are subject to the following penalties on the total amount of Guided tours and Events as described below:
- 10% over the cost of tickets purchased and the deposit paid, up to 30 calendar days before the service;
- 30% over the cost of tickets purchased and the paid deposit, from 29 to 7 calendar days before the service;
- 50% over the cost of tickets purchased and the paid deposit, from 6 to 2 days before the service;
- 100% over the cost of tickets purchased and the paid deposit by the day before and / or failure of presentation at the appointment.
8. Complaints Any complaint and / or dispute about the performance of Tours and Events will be communicated verbally and confirmed in writing by the Client without delay to The Key to Rome and suppliers of individual services at issue to allow to remedy immediately any shortcomings. The Customer will, however, provide written notice by registered mail not later than 10 working days from the date of the service.
9. Applicable Law - Jurisdiction The present Scripture will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Italian law in its substance and procedures. The Parties agree that, for all that is not expressly foreseen in this agreement, the provisions dictated by the Civil Code will be followed.
10. Personal data The personal data of the participants will be processed in accordance with the privacy legislation in force and, in particular, EU Regulation No. 679/2016 which provides for the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data. Identification of the Data Controller: the data controller is The Key to Rome, whose manager responsible for data processing is the legal representative pro tempore, domiciled for the office at the registered office.2. Purposes of data processing: the processing of the personal data provided is necessary for the execution of the contract and is aimed solely at the provision of the services requested; the communication of the minimum data is compulsory; any refusal to communicate the data will make it impossible to initiate legal relations and/or to provide the services requested. 3. Method of treatment: personal data will be treated in paper, computerized and telematic form and entered in a central archive located at The Key to Rome which can be accessed by those responsible for data processing; data processing operations are carried out in such a way as to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of personal data. 4. Period of data retention: the data provided will be kept for the entire duration of the service. 5. Scope of communication and dissemination of data: the data may be subject to communication in cases provided for by law or administrative measures and may be disclosed to third parties to the extent strictly necessary for the conduct of the service. The data will also be communicated to insurance companies where the compulsory insurance policies are stipulated or the optional ones required. 6. Rights of the data subject: the data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him/her are being processed and, if so, to obtain access to the personal data and information concerning the processing, in accordance with Article 15 of EU Regulation No. 679/2016. The data subject has the right to obtain from the data controller the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him/her without undue delay; taking into account the purposes of the processing, the data subject has the right to obtain the integration of incomplete personal data, also by providing a supplementary declaration, in accordance with Article 16 of the Regulation. The data subject has the right to obtain from the data controller the erasure of personal data concerning him/her without undue delay, and the data controller has the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay in the cases provided for by art. 17 of the Regulation. The data subject has the right to obtain from the data controller the restriction of processing in the cases provided for by Article 18 of the Regulation. The data subject has the right to data portability, in accordance with art. 20 of the Regulation. The data subject has the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, to processing of personal data concerning him or her pursuant to Article 6(1)(e) or (f) of the Regulation, including profiling on the basis of these provisions, in accordance with Article 21 of the Regulation. The data subject has the right not to be subjected to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him or her or which similarly significantly affects his or her person, in accordance with Article 22 of the Regulation. The data subject may lodge a complaint with the Guarantor for the protection of personal data in the event of a breach of the rules on the protection of personal data, in accordance with Article 77 of the Regulation.